We have had such cold weather here in Vermont that it seems like a heat wave today at 20 degrees out. Its been -45 with the wind-chill the past two days and negative numbers all week last week. It finally warmed up to positive numbers yesterday and my kids played outside all afternoon!
The class will be Saturday, January 20 from 9 AM - 3 PM at the Pawlet Community Church in Pawlet, VT
This will be a single day class. Don't wait to sign up, it will fill up!
All levels are welcome!
Here are a few progress photos that show you the basic steps I did for this painting!
1. I sketched out my tree in pencil and used masking fluid to mark off where the snow on the tree braches would be. Once that dried fully I used Cobalt Blue to paint in the sky in the background.
I use Arches 300lb paper and mostly Holbein brushes and paints.
2. I used Cobalt Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Burnt Sienna and Alizarin Crimson to paint in the background mountains.
3. I used Ultramarine Blue with the smallest bit of Burnt Sienna to paint in the snow shadows on the bottom.
4. I used a mixture of Burnt Sienna and French Ultramarine Blue to start putting in the tree branches.
5. Finished the tree and swing
6. Lifted parts of the tree and darkened some branches to give it more dimension.